I think Hot Coffee is a thing of the past for me. My husband made coffee for me this morning (uh, last night, but plenty for me to have this morning). I love when I have coffee made for me, the problem is, when do I drink it? So I put it in the microwave to heat up while getting breakfast for my daughter. Seems logical, right? After getting her breakfast, and Liam was already changed, I figured I could sit down with Audrey and drink my coffee. No such thing. No sooner had I gotten the cereal ready for Audrey, Liam has a dirty diaper (yep, I just changed one right before getting the coffee in the microwave and getting Audrey's cereal). So, off I was to change him. Then Audrey spills her cereal over herself and the floor. I send her to clean up the floor while I go and get a new outfit for her. I finally remember I have coffee in the microwave. Audrey's getting herself re-dressed and I check the coffee. As expected, it was luke warm (yuk!), so I put it in for another minute. Turn around to clean something, don't remember what, and realize Liam has spit up all over himself. I've got to change him. Then I remember he's probably hungry, now I have to feed him. While nursing I have time to think....oh yeah! I have coffee in the microwave, hope it's not cold by the time I'm done! Should I have even bothered? Audrey was picked up by a friend to play at their house for the morning. Liam is happy as can be in his bouncy seat. I'm thankful for this moment, while I write this post and drink my HOT COFFEE!
**Update** I like the iced coffee option, thanks for the suggestion. At least I'd get my caffeine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
the life of a mommy. never ending.
enjoy your coffee.
I think you should start experimenting with iced coffee. ;)
You'll have hot coffee again one day. Until then, I think that iced coffee is a good idea, especially if it is still as hot up there in PA as it is here in ATL. - Katrina P.
Where have I been? Little Liam is adorable!!!! I can't believe that I'm just now getting round to visit and admire the little man. It has been a CRAZY month...little time for blogging and visiting :(.
I was just thinking about how my coffee habits have changed, too. I used to need a cup before facing putting kids to bed at night, (a loooong ordeal) but nowadays that would keep me awake all night!
I like iced coffee, put in the blender with some vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce. So naughty. But so good.
Post a Comment