Sunday, February 24, 2008

3 and a half


It's the small things, the 6 month markers. I'm hit with it double time. Audrey and Liam's birthdays are 9 days apart, so here we are at the "half" mark. Prior to this year I really didn't point out Audrey's half birthday, but she's at that age when birthdays are a HUGE deal, so I thought it would be fun to do a little something special for her half birthday. Nothing big deal, although we did get to visit her cousin, and that's a big deal! We just spent some time together making cupcakes, her favorite (or so she says, but I'M the one who HAD to eat them all, she a fruit girl...wish I had that gene).

It suddenly hit me that I'll have a FOUR year old in just a few months, and I'll have a 5 year old in 18 months. Why is that so crazy to me??? I know, I know slow it down it's not tomorrow. I'm terribly guilty of wishing the next phase to come faster, but then wishing to go back in time. We're seeing signs of getting out of the 3 year old "attitude" phase, which gives me great relief. She's a spunky girl, and so full of life giving us lots of laughs. She's a leader and has her own mind in doing things. It has been intimidating raising a child with a strong personality, but covered well in prayer as we want God to take hold of her life, and guide her to be a strong, Godly woman glorifying her Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Sweet letters to both of them. I can't believe how big Liam is!!!!

Audrey is such a sweetie - I can't believe she and T will be four soon either. If she is like T, she is mentioning it frequently!