
Audrey is the talker in this house, from the time she wakes up to the time she goes down. She's 3, and has much to say.
Mommy: Daddy's Birthday is coming soon, what should we get him?
Audrey: He would like some balloons and a birthday cake.
Mommy: What kind of cake do you think he would like?
Audrey: He would like a cake with Ladybugs on it. I would like a cake with Ladybugs on it!
(and the truth comes out...)
______________________________________________________________
At lunch with Daddy at Mc*Donald's...
Audrey (noticing the golden arches) I can do that!
Daddy: Do what? (then gets distracted)
Audrey: LOOK! (sure enough two french fries make golden arches)
______________________________________________________________
This wasn't so much a Tiny talk, as something that was funny...
We arrived to church for the early service Sunday morning....but since it is so hard getting out of the house we were late. We sat in front of friends. I noticed she had her hair cut (which looked fantastic), I turned around just as we sat down and commented on her hair. She politely responded very quickly. I proceeded to open my bulletin, and find where we were....right in the middle of silent confession (oops!). So, as I'm trying to get over my embarrassment we go on with our worship. Just as the congregation quiets for prayer before the sermon, my sweet, precious, little girl BELCHES!! No little belch, a nice LOUD one for all to hear. I know they all heard because suddenly I heard laughter (you know the quiet "church" laughter, not very loud but you can still hear the snickers). I had to join them in the laughter, what else could I do? I was anticipating her "Excuse me" response, but I was thankful that didn't come...for this time only. What a distraction we were that morning!
See more Tiny Talk at Mary's


6 comments:
Sounds like something my kiddos would do (as I seriously just heard my son belch loudly!).
Hee hee!
Jolanthe
you know kids sure can humble you, huh? I had that happen but it came out of the other end-loudly. :)
Blessings,
Angela
Sounds like worship with our family, too! I guess it's a ladybug cake this year, huh???
LOVE the belch...ha ha ha!
Albert and lady bugs...yeah.
I'm liking the lady bug cake idea for daddy's birthday!! :-)
Funny story!!
Post a Comment