Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Audrey is the talker in this house, from the time she wakes up to the time she goes down. She's 3, and has much to say.

The breaking point prior to naptime...
Me: Audrey, you really need a nap, you're starting to fall apart.
Audrey: (tearfully) But, I don't want to break.
(it was so sad to hear her say it, but so cute)
_________________________________________________________
Me: singing
Audrey: Don't sing, you're making me nervous.
(now there's a boost for the ego)
_________________________________________________________
Audrey: We all love you chother.
Translation: We all love each other.
__________________________________________________________
Audrey: Mommy, why did the old man roll home?
Mommy: I have no idea what you mean. (think, think, think)
Audrey: This old man, he played one, he played knick knack on his drum...
Mommy: Oh right! I don't know why he rolled home.
(anyone help me out here?? Where does she come up with these questions?)
__________________________________________________________
This one is for memories sake...
After I got off the phone in tears, on a particularly hard day.
Audrey: Mommy, are you ok?
Me: I'm having a hard day, sometimes Mommy doesn't feel like a good Mommy, so it makes me sad.
Audrey: Don't be sad, I'll pray for you.
Then proceeds to pray...
Audrey: Dear Jesus, please help Mommy feel better. Amen
(the tears continued to come, but not because I was sad. The Holy Spirit used my little tenderhearted child, if only I could be a bit more like her.)
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14.

Thanks for visiting. Head over to Mary's to see more Tiny Talkers.


8 comments:

Momma Roar said...

the last one made me cry too



ya know? I always wondered why he rolled home too...

Sittintall said...

You have a very insightful daughter. Thanks for sharing.

Sittintall said...

You have a very insightful daughter. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Very cute! The things that kids come up with. I'm not sure why the old man rolled home either.

That last one made me teary eyed too.

Just Mom said...

Oh my goodness. That last story got me misty eyed. Beautiful.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I am confused here...do I laugh or cry? Because I was laughing my head off at the first few and then the tears began coming.

Darn hormones :)

Sincerely Anna said...

Aw, you're doing a great job if your 3 yr old knows to first pray when feeling sad. Our kids do teach us a lot and they are used by God to develop those Fruits of the Spirit in us! Nice visiting your blog today - have a great week!

onemotherslove said...

All right, now we're all crying & you're obviously a good mommy!